HKU offers exciting and dynamic opportuntites for students to gain hands-on experience and make a real impact in the innovation ecosystem. By connecting students with start-ups, we aim to cultivate entrepreneurial mindsets, facilitate career growth, and foster the next generation of start-up leaders.
Startup Connector is a new initiative of Techno-Entrepreneurship Core aims to bring together students, alumni and faculty members from diverse background to form start-up teams. Through this platform, participants exchange ideas and find the right match for their startup ventures. Sign up below and our team will arrange 1-on-1 meetings with potential matches between teams and individuals. Meetup events will be organized throughout the year for connecting with even more potential matches.
Please sign-up if you:
- Already have a start-up team and looking for co-founder, full-time or part-time employee; or
- An individual who are interested in joining start-up team
Entrepreneurial internship programme(EIP)
Internship opportunities at TEC, TTO InnoHK Centre Office and HKU-supported startups are offered to students to:
- integrate and apply knowledge gained in coursework in a real-life setting
- experience the business culture and challenges encountered in entrepreneurship
- gain hand-on experience from startup ecosystem and help them to prepare for their own startup venture in future
HKU STEM Internship Scheme
The Innovation and Technology Commission (ITC) has set up the STEM Internship Scheme (“Scheme”) to encourage STEM students to gain innovation and technology (I&T)-related work experience during their studies and to foster their interest in pursuing a career in I&T after graduation, so as to enlarge the local I&T talent pool. Each eligible student will receive allowance of HK$11,190 per month and capped at three months in each academic year.