Entrepreneurial Internship Programme (EIP) is a new initiative that provides students with a unique opportunity to gain practical experience in innovation and entrepreneurship.
Selected student(s) will work for Techno-Entrepreneurship Core (TEC) and/or Technology Transfer Office (TTO) to support innovation and entrepreneurship–related initiatives of the University, with the opportunities to gain hand-on experience from Innovation & Entrepreneurship ecosystem by working on commercialization processes from the top-notch research projects of HKU.
Benefits for students
- Gain hands-on experience from Innovation & Entrepreneurship ecosystem by working on commercialization processes from the top-notch research projects of HKU;
- Integrate and apply knowledge gained in coursework in a real-life setting;
- Improve problem-solving and collaborative skills in a working environment;
- Selected student(s) may opt for enrollment of the IIMT2628 Innovation and Entrepreneurship Internship, credit-bearing undergraduate course of HKU Business School (subject to the approval of faculty and course instructor);
- An honorarium will be provided upon successful completion of programme with satisfactory performance.
Selected students will work for TEC and/or TTO in the period of September 2023 – April 2024 on part-time basis (160 hours in total)* to support innovation and entrepreneurship–related initiatives of the University:
- Study HKU research projects and support on the assessment of commercialization potentials;
- Work closely with faculties and researchers to support the commercialization of research;
- Support portfolio management of research projects and start-ups;
- Support other innovation and entrepreneurship related initiatives.
- Current HKU students in their undergraduates second year or above from all disciplines (in 2023/24 school year), postgraduate students are welcome;
- Strong interest and relevant knowledge in innovations, entrepreneurship, startups, and venture capital are preferred;
- Sound knowledge in biotechnology, engineering or science are preferred;
- Selected students should not hold other employment in the University during the programme period.
TIMELINE FOR APPLICANTS
|Now – 15 Aug 2023||
Application Period (Apply at HERE).
Review of applications will be conducted by rolling basis
|Mid – Late Aug 2023||Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview|
|Early Sep 2023||Selected applicants will be informed of their acceptance to the programme|
|Mid-Sep 2023 – April 2024||Internship Period (160 hours in total) *|
* The actual period and number of hours of work will be subject to final confirmation from TEC and relevant offices.